vendredi 29 mai 2015

Compare string element to ASCII value

I am writing a C program for my exam and i am facing some issues. For example, in an this exercise :

    char y = 'a';

    if (y >= 65)
        printf("MAJOR");

or :

    char a[] = "bare";

    if (a[0] >= 65)
        printf("MAJOR");

I would really like to get MAJOR printed but I always get an error.

My aim is to see if an element of my char array is major or equals to a specified ASCII value (65 is 'A').

Also I got a pointer that actually needs to move in the char array: how can I scroll it trough until '\0' ?

I tried with :

    for (i = 0 ; &p->info[i] != '\0' && &s[i] != '\0'; i++)
                         // the info field of this struct is type char *

Where info is char* and s is char s[].

Is this for loop fine?

EDIT: NEW ISSUE

Guys it's really weird i got a generic error trying to run just this line of code:

    char y = 'a';

Seems that my 'y' variable is filled with an underscore instead of 'a'....? I'm using Xcode right now

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire